• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-006a convert from 240 to 480

monkster

When up and running and per the tm to get the 60 Hz is by rpm's, I can dial in 120v or 240v. I am trying for 480v. (3 phase ) I am thinking that the circuit board just ahead of the (4) L's needs to be reconfigured. Any ideals ?

PeterD

You'd need (at a minimum) to re-wire the voltage switchover board, changing the configuration from wye (240/416) to delta (240/480.)

Edit: I may be wrong on this... I don't think just a switch to delta will give 480 volts as each winding on the head is 120 (not 240 as I was bone headingly thinking!)

Last edited:

Crawdaddy

Switching it to 240/480 should be as easy as removing the 12 or so nuts on the voltage reconnection board that's under the front left access panel, move the card so the arrow points at 240/480 instead of 120/208 and crank the nuts back on. Of course make sure the generator is off and safetied in every way possible before touching that board.

PeterD

Switching it to 240/480 should be as easy as removing the 12 or so nuts on the voltage reconnection board that's under the front left access panel, move the card so the arrow points at 240/480 instead of 120/208 and crank the nuts back on. Of course make sure the generator is off and safetied in every way possible before touching that board.

The two choices are 120/208 and 240/416 (not 480). You can bump it up to close to 480 but that's pushing things a bit...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks