• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-006A Issues

Guyfang

Staff member
From the first picture you posted, it looked like the lever was locked down with wire. So I assumed it was. My bad.

Yes, that is one big difference between the models. On the MEP-015A, the outside lever is used to connect the electric actuator up to, and the back lever would be wired down. In your case, the MEP-006A is a NON PRECISE model, and the lever positions are reversed. Front wired forward, and the throttle cable hooked to the back lever.

1699183972769.jpeg

USMCTim

When you run a gen set way below the rated speed, it burns up the volt regulator.

There are several ways to fix this problem.

1. Buy a volt regulator. NSN: 6110-00-030-7815. There are three in the big auction site.

2. Buy a volt regulator card. NSN: 6110-00-342-9762

3. Fix the volt regulator card. Find a smart rocket scientist to fix it. Its not hard. The test and repair procedure is in the -34 manual. When looking up parts, go to figure 59, of TM 9-6115-545-24P. Figure 60 shows also the repair parts for an card, but its for the 400 hertz card, and you cant use that.

4. Buy an exciter assembly. The volt regulator is in the exciter assembly. NSN: 6115-00-244-1214. There is one in the big auction site .

How would I do this? Inspect the exciter assembly to see if any thing else is damaged. If not, I would get a volt reg, install it and that should do it. Keep in mind, other things could be damaged in the exciter. I can't promise you anything. But 99.9% of the time, its just the card.
Question,
I have a mep006a, I have power at one side of the contractor but nothing on the output side??

Tim

Guyfang

Staff member
Please start your own thread. This thread is old, and 43 posts long. The title is not going to help you get help, and has 40 something posts that do not deal with your problem. THEN when you have your own thread, help will come to you!