• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-006a

Rub87

Hello,

I just aquired a MEP-006A in a fairly good shape one an auction of used US army equipment in Holland. It has around 5000 hours on it but looks to be maintained well, it has a new alternator and silicone water hoses. it also came with a 7.5kw load bank on top, genset seems to work good, voltage and frequency are stable, starts right up and oilpressure is around 4 bar

Now the downside is that the gauge faces are broken while someone seemingly hit them with a green painted object. all the gauges with glass are broken. some are still working, but some are definately gone.

Does anyone know a source where I could affordable buy some? I would need: voltmeter, water temp, oil pressure, battery charging amp meter, fuelgauge. hourmeter is also gone but i dont really need that one.. also the ckt brk closed light is gone

then I was also wondering the right way to convert it to 50Hz? with the throttle fully in it still makes around 56Hz. does one just change the length of the throttle cable or is there another way?

thanks,

Ruben

Isaac-1

For the first part try Delks or Saturn Surplus , for the second it it likely going to involve having the injection pump rebuilt or at least the internal adjustments changed to allow 50 hz operation. I am not sure what operating at 50 hz may do when it comes to voltage wave form from the generator end or if the original voltage regulator does volt / hz roll off which would be effected by the lower speed operation.

Ike

Isaac-1

I was basing my statement of the standard D series Stanadyne injection pump with mechanical governor, I know 1500 rpm units have a different part number from 1800 rpm units, I am not sure of the exact details, but suspect you could operate an 1800 rpm (60 hz) unit at 1500 rpms (50 hz) but governor stability may be effected. I don't have a MEP-006 or any of the other larger MEP units, so this is just based on general knowledge, hopefully someone with better answers will be along soon.

Ike

Last edited:

Munchies

Hello,

I just aquired a MEP-006A in a fairly good shape one an auction of used US army equipment in Holland. It has around 5000 hours on it but looks to be maintained well, it has a new alternator and silicone water hoses. it also came with a 7.5kw load bank on top, genset seems to work good, voltage and frequency are stable, starts right up and oilpressure is around 4 bar

Now the downside is that the gauge faces are broken while someone seemingly hit them with a green painted object. all the gauges with glass are broken. some are still working, but some are definately gone.

Does anyone know a source where I could affordable buy some? I would need: voltmeter, water temp, oil pressure, battery charging amp meter, fuelgauge. hourmeter is also gone but i dont really need that one.. also the ckt brk closed light is gone

then I was also wondering the right way to convert it to 50Hz? with the throttle fully in it still makes around 56Hz. does one just change the length of the throttle cable or is there another way?

thanks,

Ruben
Sorry for the off topic, do you know anything about government surplus auctions in Germany or the Benelux? I cant find out where the official government sanctioned auctions/points of sale are. I go to germany regularly and have friends still there.

I might have some gauges for you. Can you measure the bezel diameter?

Rub87

Took a while, but I measured the gauges:

Voltage gauge: 68mm
water temp, oil pressure, battery charging amperage and fuelgauge are 52mm
the circuit breaker light is 16mm

there diameters are from the part of the gauge that sits trough the hole of the panel.

Rub87

Hello Munchies,

Did you have time to look after the gauges? The voltage gauge would be the one I would like the most.

thanks

Ruben

FormerNewMVGuy

DSC03975.jpgDSC03976.jpgDSC03977.jpgMy genset has a switch next to the electronic governor control to change from 60 hz to 50 hz.
Let me know if you need pics, Mine is a precise power unit though and may be different than the utility model.

Last edited:

Rub87

Mine doest have the precision governor option, just a mechanical throttle cable to the pump. even when removing the cable I can get only as low as 55-56Hz stable, anyway, this it not the biggest concern, as I will use it to power a frequency converter to drive an AC motor, these things don't care too much about the input frequency as the power gets converted to DC.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks