• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 007

derby

I have searched all over this site and I can not find any info for this set. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

derby

Is this a rare unit? I can't find anything on it. We just got one at work and as the only MV buff there the boss threw it in my court, You guy's are making me look badrofl

Thank You! I do not know if it is an A or B. I will check on Monday. So it has a Cat engine?

MEP-007A has
Cat D333C (T): 6 Cyl, 4 Stroke, Liquid Cooled, Turbo Charged Diesel with 170 HP @ 1800 RPM

MEP-007B has
Cat 3306T: 6 Cyl, 4 Stroke, Liquid Cooled, Turbo Charged Diesel with 217 @ 1800 RPM

It is an MEP007A, Is the only difference between the two the engine, and is one better than the other?

The engine is the only difference that I am aware of. The basic difference between the engines would be the Injection Pump, most of the other engine parts are interchangeable. Don’t worry though; the MEP007A has full potential to run your 100 kW load. The MEP007B is just a MEP007A that has a little more power.

I found this in the 100 kW MEP007A Parts Manual. (TM 9-6115-646-14P)

"1-11. Differences Between Models. The PU-495A/G and PU-495B/G differ from each other only in regard to the model generator set utilized by each. The PU-495A/G is equipped with an MEP-007A generator set whereas the PU-495B/G uses model MEP-007B generator set. The only difference between generator set models is the installation of different diesel engines. The performance of both engines is similar and therefore there is no significant difference in specifications between generator sets or power unit models."

Boreal21

I found this in the 100 kW MEP007A Parts Manual. (TM 9-6115-646-14P)

"1-11. Differences Between Models. The PU-495A/G and PU-495B/G differ from each other only in regard to the model generator set utilized by each. The PU-495A/G is equipped with an MEP-007A generator set whereas the PU-495B/G uses model MEP-007B generator set. The only difference between generator set models is the installation of different diesel engines. The performance of both engines is similar and therefore there is no significant difference in specifications between generator sets or power unit models."
Sorry to bump an old thread, but didn't feel like this question warranted it's own thread.

I looked for the TM mentioned above, but it's not listed on the SS resource page. I'm looking for all TMs related to the MEP007A/B since I just bought 4 of them :drool:

I will check the forum listed in one of the previous posts in this thread, but any other direction would be appreciated :beer:

Boreal21

Quick research suggests that there are only 2 manuals for that genset:

TM 9-6115-646-14
TM 9-6115-646-14P

Oshkosh... do you happen to have an electronic version of those TMs you wouldn't mind sharing?

Boreal21

Perfect!

All links worked great... manuals are printing now. Thanks a lot for the help!

We don't have coffee or beer here, but if you ever travel through Utah I'd be glad to buy you a hot chocolate or kool-aid :beer:

bar1

Does anyone have any info on mep 007c ? They say they have been updated by wheeler power (the cat dealer I take it). I would kind of like to know how much has been redone and if parts are available- just starting out here any help would be appreciated - all the info I find is on the mep 007a and b.

Thanks

Munchies

Does anyone have any info on mep 007c ? They say they have been updated by wheeler power (the cat dealer I take it). I would kind of like to know how much has been redone and if parts are available- just starting out here any help would be appreciated - all the info I find is on the mep 007a and b.

Thanks

$$$$$$ Digital cat controls . I dont mean $$$ in a good way. Parts can get expensive.
Cat engine for sure, might be a cat gen head, its been awhile, might have been marathon.

bar1

Mep 007c

$$$$$$ Digital cat controls . I dont mean $$$ in a good way. Parts can get expensive.
Cat engine for sure, might be a cat gen head, its been awhile, might have been marathon.

I have actually just purchased one and everything works( needed some adjustment of the breaker actuator - simple). I was curious if anyone had a manual available for one of these? I realize parts could be expensive, but being Cat I believe parts should be readily available. I believe it to have a lima / marathon head ( after Munchies response I looked and found a manufacturers part number on the gen head and traced that back to Lima Electric who has been purchased by Marathon; So thank you Munchies - you made me look harder:-D) and the controls appear to be completely Caterpillar , so I may be able to obtain manuals that way, but was hoping for the military TM.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks