• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 007b alternator issue

jmenende

Howdy folks. Im having issues with the alternator on a 007b. Its the same used in 006a and 005a. It was not outputting any power so I had it rebuilt in a local shop. Reinstalled and no dice. Took it back and they showed me on a bench test that it was properly working. I believe its an excitation issue but the manual is not real clear when it comes to troubleshooting this issue. Has anyone had the same issue. I checked the fuse and its good.

Ray70

Had similar issue on an 005, but in my case a new alternator fixed it.
I seem to recall the 005 TM being relatively straight forward on checking the wiring to the alternator for excite, so best I can offer is maybe see if the 005 TM is any more detailed than the 007??
Look at the -34 TM , section 3-15 on page 93
Also see pages 85-95 for the entire charging alternator info.
Maybe also check the wiring diagram, of the 3 wires going to the alternator, I believe the left is positive battery, the right is negative battery and the top most is the field excite wire.