• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 007b alternator issue

jmenende

Howdy folks. Im having issues with the alternator on a 007b. Its the same used in 006a and 005a. It was not outputting any power so I had it rebuilt in a local shop. Reinstalled and no dice. Took it back and they showed me on a bench test that it was properly working. I believe its an excitation issue but the manual is not real clear when it comes to troubleshooting this issue. Has anyone had the same issue. I checked the fuse and its good.

Ray70

Had similar issue on an 005, but in my case a new alternator fixed it.
I seem to recall the 005 TM being relatively straight forward on checking the wiring to the alternator for excite, so best I can offer is maybe see if the 005 TM is any more detailed than the 007??
Look at the -34 TM , section 3-15 on page 93
Also see pages 85-95 for the entire charging alternator info.
Maybe also check the wiring diagram, of the 3 wires going to the alternator, I believe the left is positive battery, the right is negative battery and the top most is the field excite wire.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks