• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-016A/C,021A/c,026A/C (and other 4A032 powered sets) fuel line question

jas67

I have an MEP-026C, and two DC4.2 ORD/28 APUs (28VDC Gensets). I got these from GL, and they haven't been run in a while.

I tried to run the 026C today. I can get it to start with starter fluid, so I know the ignition and starter are both working OK. I can't get it to pump fuel from the main tank.

Does anyone know what size/type of fitting is on the carburetor. I thought for each of these, I could start simple, and just connect a small gravitiy-feed tank to the carburetor to verify that the carb is working OK, and then I'd like to connect an external tank to the auxilary fuel input, and try that. Anyone know the size/type of that fitting?

I'd like to get these running without putting any fuel in the main tanks of the other two, as I don't want to have to syphon fuel back out if I don't get them runnning (as it is, I have about a gallon of fuel in the MEP-026C there that I don't want in there).

BTW, does anyone else think these 4A032's sound pretty cool (kinda reminds me of a motorcycle)?

usmcm35a2

Mine would only run on either shot. Took carb apart, all the cork gaskets were dried out. Used gas resistant atv sealer to "make" new gaskets. The fuel pickup in the carb was gumed shut, clean that with oxy-act torch tip cleaner. Fuel shut off handle was installed backwards so no fuel to filter when showed on. Minor tweaking on carb air setting and idle screw and runs like a champ now. SO just little things needed work. I think mine the gaskets dried out and somebody tried turning all the carb settings and just gave up and sent it to drmo. When i fixed the gasket problem, it started right up. Just gave it like quarter turns on air mix and idle screws and smoothed right out and runs great. Good luck with yours.