• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 016a/c electronic ignition directions

redlight

Greetings,
Saturn Surplus has the conversion kit with out instructions. Is there a copy somewhere?
I have an old 016a that I want to get running however it has no spark. I will be installing a new fuel pump to get fuel to the carb but it needs spark to run.
Thanks
Redlignt

redlight

Hi Guyfang,
I have downloaded both engine manuals and I am reading them now. The add from Saturn surplus refereed to missing documents so I want to see if anyone had a copy.
My unit has not been started in about 10 years and i wanted to make a go of it.
Thanks
Redlight

Guyfang

Staff member
I looked through the manuals, could not see anything concerning the mod, but it looks straightforward. I did about 18-20 of them, but so long ago, that most of the members of SS were not born, or going through puberty. I can not remember anything hard about it.

Is Saturn willing to promise that all the parts are there? If so, you just ought to go for it, if the price is right. They are good engines, and after the mod., they are great engines. The only problems you will have afterward is maybe a fuel pump or carb. If its been that long since it ran, pull the carb and soak it in carb cleaner, or JP8 or kerosene, something to take the lacquer off the carb. That was the biggest problem area for this engine. The Carb. We ran 24/7 and 365. If the oil level starts to increase, or oil gets thin, you need a fuel pump.

I will continue to look for the mod paperwork.

redlight

Thank you. I will change to fuel pump and I have cleaned the carburetor. I hope it will run. I have most of the change over parts I will call Saturn to see what is missing and order what i need.

Guyfang

Staff member
If you buy a kit without the instructions or paperwork, you should at least ask if all the parts contained on this parts listing are there. The kit is NOT complete without each and every one of these listed parts. Same list, pictured twice, for 100% clarity.

IMG_3038.jpgIMG_3039.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks