• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-016A Help

Sarge29

I tried to search the site and the web but still came up empty handed. I have a good looking mep-016a that has less than 10 hours on it. I believe that to be the correct run time because everything looks to be that clean. The screws on the hour meter are rusted and the rust stain is in the hour meter. This thing runs and idles like, well , like new. The reason for the TM's is that there is some type of noise that sounds like it is between the engine and the gen head. I thought someone had dropped something in there but I cant find anything. I don't want to to run it long until i fix this.Then it will be ready to load test.
Thanks in advance for any help,
Sarge29

Grega

I aquired 2 mep 16a generators a few monthe ago. There isnt alot of info out there on these gen. sets. But you can get alot of parts including manuals, filters, ignition kits, etc. from Saturn Surplus or maybe even call them about your problem, or go over to the Smokestak forums for advice. Sound like you may have to split the generator. Here is a link for the manuals Military Generators ==> MEP 016A

Sarge29

PeterD, Thanks for the reminder. The idle time on the gen set is only minimal. I never idle any gen set for more than a few seconds. I don't like to go from stop (cold engine) to operating speed as soon as it fires up. I like to see the oil pressure start to come up before I run it up. I know about the low oil pressure shut down. I just cant get past the way the my old Motor Sgt's trained me. If that old Motor Sgt caught you starting a gen set cold and running it up without verifying the oil pressure had started to come up he would at best put you on KP for a week.

Grega, Thanks for the info and links. I will give Saturn a call. I need filters now and will most likely get a set of manuals too. I have not tried the Smokestak forum in a long time, I will head over there and check it also.

Thanks for the help,
Sarge29

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks