• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-016a making it easier to move.....

So I've got the Mep-016a... it's a bit of a bear to drag around at 275# trying to figure out a way without making too many mods to it to make it easier to move...

my thoughts:

bushings thru one of the cross tubes w/ and axle & tires and some "wheelbarow" style handles on top

Or:

a full blown cart with steering on the front end. that'd probably raise the CG up a bit far though.....

any other ideas?

Last edited:

Isaac-1

Depending on what you need Harbor Freight sells a road legal 40x50 inch deck 870 pound capacity trailer for under $200 which I think would be just about right once you add a small external fuel tank.

Ike

p.s. be glad yours is as light as it is, my MEP-701a / MEP-016B with ASK weighs in just over 500 pounds

Heck, I could mount FrankenKompressor and the generator to a small trailer....LOL

But, I was hoping to keep the footprint about the same as I'm building a new shed & leanto out behind my garage to house some of theis stuff.... I'll have to see what I have laying in the loft for wheels and whatnot.

Last edited: