• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-016B Dipstick?

87Nassaublue

Hi Guys, I just picked up a couple of MEP-016 generators from the military. One is an E with the Yanmar engine and the other is a B with the Onan engine. As usual, the military drained all the fluids and took the batteries and oil filter. On my B version they also took the oil filler cap/dipstick as well. I was able to acquire a filter but I'm still looking for a source for the dipstick. I may have to machine one myself from scratch. I'd prefer to just buy one rather than doing all that fabrication and reverse engineering.

Have any of you guys found a source for a dipstick for these MEP-016B models?

87Nassaublue

Hi guys, I got lucky on this issue. I found the dipstick stuck in the frame. Thank goodness I don't have to reverse engineer it and make it from scratch.

I also had some broken governor linkage. One of the guys mentioned that McCaster-Carr has the linkage ball joints. I ordered some and hey are a perfect replacement. I also saw they have the throttle control knob and cables if anyone's interested. I saw someone was looking for one of those a while back as well.

Maybe later today, I'll have that thing running. I'm still going over it re-assembling all the stuff the military dis-assembled. I don't understand why they take so much stuff apart, but I'm thankful to have been able to acquire it just the same.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks