• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-016B fuel injector pump disassemble instructions

JOBRLA

Have a unit with only 2.7 hours on it. Had to repair transfer pump, getting fuel in and out of filter but not getting any fuel out of high side of injector pump. Removed pump, looks brand new from outside. Looked inside of return line port and see a little rust and some gunk inside.
Question: Is there any instruction manual that tell hoe to disassemble or video. I have the Operator and Organizational Maintenance Manual. Nothing in there and repair. Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Thank you

Ray70

If you search around on this forum you will find several folks who have torn that pump down to rebuild as well as links to videos showing how to rebuild them.
Try searching on line for Bosch PFR Zexel pump rebuild and you should find a couple good videos.
The pump is designed to be removed and thrown away and replaced so there are no instructions in the TM.
Green Mountain does sell a kit with the internals, if any of your parts are pitted or damaged.
They are super simple to take apart, just need to pay close attention to the alignment of the rack, plunger and the sleeve up top.

JOBRLA

WOW...... took the injector pump apart, had rust and gummbed up. took a day to clean, and polish, Re-assembled with no problems, as long as you get all of the timing correct. Not that big of a deal. Anyway, installed and fired right up, only problem is the engine went into run-away. Off switch and emergemst stop did not work. Had to crack the injector line to draw air so it would shut down. Due this whole catastrophe, one of my oil cooler line came off the cooler. Can't believe the connecter these lines using glue on the feed line. Anyway, need to find away to prevent the run-away

Ray70

Do you have any idea what caused the runaway?
My only experience with those pumps was that a customer brought me an 016D which had a frozen IP.
He had "freed it up" but from then on, as the governor tries to reduce fuel, the IP would increase the fuel, resulting in a similar run away condition.
After I got into the pump I found that the upper black collar that is inside the pump ( which is somewhat free to rotate ) had turned about 180* resulting the the reversed operation of the fuel lever.
Hopefully you got everything assembled correctly, but that one piece may have tripped you up as well, if it looks like your fuel linkage is working backwards!
If your fuel shut off solenoid activates but actually increases speed rather than shut the set down, this is probably the reason!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks