• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-016b fuel question - Texas outage

ub3rn00ber

I’m running my house (some of it) off my Mep-16b. I’m having to refill the aux tank every 3 hours because the darn fuel lever (selector, by the glass fuel dome filter) is stuck straight up. I’m worried I may break it if I force it.
Any suggestions? Also which way is on, left or right?

strycnine

I know you said MEP-016B, but is it a MEP-016D? I didn't know the B model had a glass bowl. If I'm wrong I apologize.

This is the fuel valve on one of my MEP-016D's. It's set to pump from the belly(bottom) tank into to running(top) tank.

1022171900a.jpg

ub3rn00ber

I know you said MEP-016B, but is it a MEP-016D? I didn't know the B model had a glass bowl. If I'm wrong I apologize.

This is the fuel valve on one of my MEP-016D's. It's set to pump from the belly(bottom) tank into to running(top) tank.

View attachment 826010
Thank you so much. I guess my fuel pump or float valve isn’t working. I can’t get the little dome to fill up. Luckily we got back power so it’s not as crucial but I still need figure it out. I read that the pump can get gummed up, I guess I’ll try removing and cleaning it.

ub3rn00ber

Thank you so much. I guess my fuel pump or float valve isn’t working. I can’t get the little dome to fill up. Luckily we got back power so it’s not as crucial but I still need figure it out. I read that the pump can get gummed up, I guess I’ll try removing and cleaning it. Yes it is a D thank you for figuring that out from my limited info!