• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-016B Injection Pump Jammed

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
I just saw that this was one of your video's! Please forgive me for chiming in here.
No big deal. They're not very similar. The 016B injection pumps are much more beefy & the way the fuel rate is adjusted is much different. The LPW injection pumps are more similar to the Yanmar ones on the smaller MEP units.

jgp

Thanks guys. I do appreciate you trying to help The video was very informative. I do have a friend that has a couple of 802a generators that will want to see the video. Colt, I’m 100% sure I’m centered between the forks. With a couple of bolts in the IP, I can move the linkage full range, but it is stiff pushing the linkage back and forth. I don’t think the rod being gunned up is my problem, acts like something is bent. Regardless, it’s in the forks and moves full range, so I can’t see any reason why it doesn’t come out. I tried prying up with a flat bar, using a little more force than should be needed, hopefully not enough to damage something. I think what ever is keeping it in there is the reason why this unit quite running. Just don’t know what else is in the crank case that could keep it from coming out. You mentioned to make sure it doesn’t bind where it fits into the cam Could the cam shaft be keeping it from coming all the way out? Like I said, you can easily lift it up 3/8” but than it stops with a thump and won’t budge any more. Feels like the squared section is trying to go into the squared section of the block, but can’t fit in all the way. I can rotate the IP 90 degrees in ether direction from its mounting point when I pull it up. The height of the pin is at the point where you can feel it drag across the top of the forks when you rotate. Last question, if the pin or the slide bar are what’s keeping it from coming up, do you think the IP case is strong enough to withstand the force of the pin or slide bar being sheared off if I decide to take a wrecking bar to it ? Thanks again.

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
Thanks guys. I do appreciate you trying to help The video was very informative. I do have a friend that has a couple of 802a generators that will want to see the video. Colt, I’m 100% sure I’m centered between the forks. With a couple of bolts in the IP, I can move the linkage full range, but it is stiff pushing the linkage back and forth. I don’t think the rod being gunned up is my problem, acts like something is bent. Regardless, it’s in the forks and moves full range, so I can’t see any reason why it doesn’t come out. I tried prying up with a flat bar, using a little more force than should be needed, hopefully not enough to damage something. I think what ever is keeping it in there is the reason why this unit quite running. Just don’t know what else is in the crank case that could keep it from coming out. You mentioned to make sure it doesn’t bind where it fits into the cam Could the cam shaft be keeping it from coming all the way out? Like I said, you can easily lift it up 3/8” but than it stops with a thump and won’t budge any more. Feels like the squared section is trying to go into the squared section of the block, but can’t fit in all the way. I can rotate the IP 90 degrees in ether direction from its mounting point when I pull it up. The height of the pin is at the point where you can feel it drag across the top of the forks when you rotate. Last question, if the pin or the slide bar are what’s keeping it from coming up, do you think the IP case is strong enough to withstand the force of the pin or slide bar being sheared off if I decide to take a wrecking bar to it ? Thanks again.
If you are able to rotate the pump 90 deg, you can't be in the fork. When you rotate that far, it comes out. The thud you are hearing is the regulator hitting the engine block because it is not lined up properly with the hole. You will need to work at it to get it in the fork. It is not easy, but it can be done. I accidentally had mine come out and just fiddled with it & looked in the holes to get it to line up.

If you remove the top of the injection pump & move the linkage back & forth, if it is on the fork properly, you will see the center part of the injection pump move back & forth.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks