• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-016B/MEP-701A ExciteMent!

Shierfire

Hey all! I snagged a new to me mep701a with 240hrs. After start up the convince plug is putting out a whopping 20v!! This hardly spins my DEWALT 1/2” drill. I reach in give the throttle a crank to WOT the hertz takes a jump then I start producing voltage and slowly back down the throttle to a medium level and this now generates electricity consistently. Shut down start up is the same.. any help is much appreciated when I got the unit the glass fuse was blown in convience plug I had changed.

Attachments

Ray70

Simple, don't idle the machine down... It's supposed to be at 60Hz 1800RPM all the time.
You never idle these things down to a "reasonable " level, always 1800 rpm, use the throttle knob to "set it and forget it!"
Not sure that's 100% of your issue, but start there and see if everything solves itself.