• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 016C Genset 3KW need plugs/filters Help locate

Elcariso

Howdy I've got a MEP 016c I need a source to purchase plugs (Champion MS 51009-1)
I would also like to purchase oil filters ,the canister didn't have a filter in it, I'm not sure of a part # or of a cross reference #.
I would also like to fit this genset with an Electric starter for the wife when I'm gone, Does anybody have a source for the correct starter?
The genset has 48 hours on the meter and was stored in doors. Has anybody put some serious hours on their MEP 016? How many? I have read posts about hooking it up to the house 120/240 and I appreciate all the needed info.
Please Help with locating plugs and filters, I will download the TM manual my self.
Thanks
Greg

Last edited:

jbk

saturn surplus has the parts including the starter. you will have to slave this from another piece of military equipment for electric starting. the little 4 cyl. engine is very smooth. my son used mine during a hurricane outage . good for light loads.

jbk

just set it for 120/208 3 phase mode select 2 phases this is how i used mine for residental use . i didnt run any 220 volt stuff though, its 3kw output would limit it in that mode anyway.

EnteJager

Southernautomotive.com They reverse engineered the genset for a parts contract with . mil and have almost anything and everything you could ever need or want including filters and such. Great people to deal with.
DD