• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-016D Connections

Stob

What function does L0 have? The manual says to connect to L1 and L2 for 120V single phase. Which is the neutral? 120V 3 phase uses L1, L2, L3, OK with that.120/208 3PH 4 wire connects to all 0,1,2 and 3.

So is L0 a ground? A neutral isn't needed for 3ph.

Crawdaddy

The MEP-016 family of gensets are weird. If I remember correctly, L2 is the neutral in a 120V 1ph setup. L0 is only used in 3 phase operation. Also, beware of the connections diagrams in the TMs. They have some inaccuracies in them.

Stob

I have a the manuals, don't recall an actual "wiring connection" diagram. B it there is a page which shows a photo of the 4 lugs, and describes where to connect to for a given application, which is where I got the info for my post. But what it DOESN'T say is which is the neutral. Things now days seem to like the polarity proper.

Crawdaddy

I'm referring to the TM for the MEP-016B which is very similar to your MEP-016D, but the two manuals may vary slightly. There's a section that describes grounding and illustrates what lug to bond to ground. That's how I determined which lug is neutral. It's section 2-5.1 in the B manual.

Isaac-1

The problem here is when you are generating 120V only on a generator the concept of neutral is relative. You are in reality generating 120V line to line, this is not exactly the same as the 120/240V split single phase power that comes into most homes. You can designate one of these 120V lines as a neutral and ground it, from the generators perspective it does not care which one you pick, just make sure you don't ground both, check for a frame grounding strap on the back side of the lugs (inside the box).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks