• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-016D fuel bowl filter

primuss

Working on this thing even though I've got it up in the classifieds, and I can't find a part number for the bowl strainer/ filter setup. I picked up a Napa 3034 based off of this thread.
But it is way to big to fit the one on my machine. Anybody got an idea? I'm taking it into town with me tomorrow and will bug the auto and mower parts guys, but it goes a lot smoother if I have a number to start with.

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
Working on this thing even though I've got it up in the classifieds, and I can't find a part number for the bowl strainer/ filter setup. I picked up a Napa 3034 based off of this thread.

MEP-016D bowl Fuel Filter
I've been looking for a replacement set/day-tank fuel filter and bowl gasket. Not the Yanmar in-tank fuel filter but the original fuel filter. I tried searching to see if anyone has a part number and I tried to cross reference by size to no avail. Does anyone have a source or part number cross...

There were at least two different kings of glass bowl WATER Separators for this gen set. They did NOT have filters in them. The in tank filter is not a Yanmar addition. That filter has been used there sine before you are born, unless you are over 80 years old. If your set had a glass bowl and filter, its because someone put something else on the set. The actual filtration was done by the filter installed in the electric fuel pump.

primuss

O.M.G. I am an idiot. Thank you Guyfang. I was looking right at the fuel pump and didn't even see the bottom comes off. The output fitting was hiding it from my perspective. The thick layer of green paint doesn't help, but I'm going to use your excuse of I'm just getting old.

Chainbreaker

I just gave you your first like (y) for two of the toughest things to admit to...

#1. Admitting to overlooking the obvious
#2. Admitting that we are all prone to getting old (hopefully)!

Welcome to the club!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks