• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-016D Stuck cylinder

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just picked up a MEP-016D generator. Problem is, it will not turn over. I saw this unit running two years ago. It has been out in the elements since then without the air filter cover. Is it just a parts machine ( I have another 16D that runs great) or is there hope. I can pull on the rope and nothing moves, I haven't put a wrench or anything on it yet. I have heard of pouring some Mystery Oil, etc in the top and waiting a few months, any other ideas without tearing this thing completely apart?

Isaac-1

I have successfully freed up a couple of diesels that were lightly seized by filling the cylinders with a 50/50 mix of Marvel Mystery Oil and ATF then let it soak for a couple of weeks, try to turn then soak some more, repeat as needed

cuad4u

There are lots of liquids you can pour into the cylinders. As Isaac said, Marvel Mystery Oil, ATF, PB Plaster (shoot a whole can into each cylinder), various penetrating oils etc. Which ever one(s) you use let them "work" for a few days and continue to try to turn the engine over. I am not familiar with the 016D generator but f you cannot get it to move via pulling the rope, try a long pull handle and socket on the crankshaft if that is accessible. PATIENCE! Sooner or later it will probably loosen up. Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks