• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-016D

Stob

This genset is 3KW. If you do the math, 20 amps at 240 volts is 4800 amps. I would like to set this up on a manual transfer switch to run my well pump, and maybe a couple 120v circuits to run freezers. I don't know the actual amp draw on the well pump, but it is connected to a 20A breaker. The 120 circuits are a secondary thing, mostly would like to run the pump. Is the math right and is this capable of running it? With all the various voltages and phases this is capable of, I really don't know where the 3KW is rated at.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What HP and volts is your well pump? For example a 1 HP pump is 220 volts 10 amps. The 16 can handle that easy.

Stob

I have no idea what the pump amps is, it was in the ground when I bought the place. All I know for sure is what breaker it is hooked to, and it's a double pole breaker and I have 240 volts into the house. I do know also the well is only 130 feet deep, which isn't bad, so a 1hp pump could do that fine. Sounds like I would be OK.

Ray70

At 130' deep I doubt it is even a 1hp. Its probably either 1/2 hp or most likely a 3/4 hp.
My well is 600' deep with a 3/4hp pump at 300' down and at 300' still plenty of head pressure for the 70 psi. storage tank.
I think you will probably be fine starting just the well pump with your 016D as long as the inrush surge doesn't open the breaker.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My MEP831 starts my 3/4 hp well pump. I was concerned that the inrush would trip out the inverter on OL but it doens't. I expect with a conventional generator you'll have no problem running your well.