• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-016E/MEP-016D Secondary Mufler selection

jas67

I would like to add a 2nd, larger muffler to a couple of my generater sets. I was thinking that a smaller automotive type mufler might do the job,but figured htere was more to the selection process than just putting any old mufler on. I know that bigger isn't always better. What I want, is to quiet the exhaust of these loud 3600 RPM screemers. One is an MEP-016E, powered by a Yanmar L100AE, which is a 10 HP, 406cc single cylinder diesel, running at 3600 RPM. The other, an ETQ DG4LE, powered by a chinese clone of the Yanmar L70AE, a 7HP 296cc single cyinder diesel, also running at 3600 RPM (same engine as the MEP-016D). If I get my MEP-016D (Yanmar L70AE) I'd likely want to quiet it down too.

Has anyone here added a secondary mufler, or replaced the primary one with larger one, and significantly cut down on exhause noice? If so, which one, and how did you select it?

I know the these engines emit a fair amount of mechnical noise fromthe cylinder and injection pump, and that exhaust is only part of the battle, but the exhaust is a big part of the noise that can be heard at distance.

Also, what would be a good choice to put on my Onan 6.0-DJB (1.0L 2cylinder diesel running at 1800 RPM), which has a very similar engine to the MEP-002A?

Thanks,
Jay

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks