• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-016e no start

pahunter

I bought this generator at an auction about 10 years ago. It just had a reset with a new diesel engine installed. I changed the filter and fuel and it started right up and ran great. I gave it to my son and it sat for about eight years. I told him a couple times he needs to run it but he didn’t listen. Now it turns over fine but won’t start. It has fuel to what I believe is the transfer pump but nothing out of it up to the injector. Is that lift pump rebuildable? The solenoid that activates it is working. Or am I not understanding how this works I’ve included a picture of what I think is the lift pump.
Thanks for any help you guys can give me!!

Attachments

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You tried running the electric fuel pump and bleeding the injector and no fuel?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

zenerknee

The pic to me looks like an injector pump...though I'm a new 803 owner.

I'd guess the rubber line is on the suction side of the injector pump. I'll pull that and see if you have flow and temporarily connect a fuel pressure gauge there.

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does that unit have a belly tank and a above day tank?

Ray70

Sounds like your injection pump ( what you referred to as a lift pump ) is not working properly.
First off, is the electric shut off solenoid on the linkage below the injection pump pulling back when you crank the engine, and does the linkage move freely when the solenoid engages?
If it has been sitting for 10 years I bet the linkage / IP is gummed up and sticking.
If the linkage doesn't move when the solenoid is energized your pump will still be in the "OFF" position and not supply any fuel to the injector.

Guyfang

Staff member
Sounds like your injection pump ( what you referred to as a lift pump ) is not working properly.
First off, is the electric shut off solenoid on the linkage below the injection pump pulling back when you crank the engine, and does the linkage move freely when the solenoid engages?
If it has been sitting for 10 years I bet the linkage / IP is gummed up and sticking.
If the linkage doesn't move when the solenoid is energized your pump will still be in the "OFF" position and not supply any fuel to the injector.
I think Ray hit it on the head. If the solenoid works, then pull the injector and soak it in some wonder stuff to clean it out.

pahunter

I think Ray hit it on the head. If the solenoid works, then pull the injector and soak it in some wonder stuff to clean it out.
The pump has a valve in it that must be used for fuel shutoff/engine stop. The electric solenoid activates/deactivates the valve in the pump. It was really stuck some penetrating oil and it’s starting to move.

Attachments

pahunter

The pump has a valve in it that must be used for fuel shutoff/engine stop. The electric solenoid activates/deactivates the valve in the pump. It was really stuck some penetrating oil and it’s starting to move.
Ty
thanks for your help gentlemen!

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My unit's been sitting for a little while I'd better get out there and start it up before I run into the same problem you're were having

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks