• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-017A 6115-00-017-8240 Stator Assembly removel

ron87777

MEP-017A 6115-00-017-8240
I have a Stator and Exciter that's needs to be rewire, mice chewed the connecting wires off. Has anyone tried removing the 13211E6843 from the generator Housing. I follow the TM disassembly procedure it will no come out. I do not know if the stator is pressed fit.

gen.jpg IMG_20171009_211051.jpgIMG_20171009_211041.jpg

Guyfang

Staff member
Good job Ron,

So much for not knowing how to start a new thread.

as I remember it, we freed up the wire harnes, so it would not hang up, when the stator came out. Then we turned the housing on its end. Then took a torch, and heated up the housing. When it was very warm, ( you will need gloves to touch it) but NOT hot, hot, hot, we lifted the housing and dropped it several times. Came right out. Don't drop it from higher the 15-20 CM. Let gravity do the work son, is what my Boss told me. I would think that any company you find to rewire your main gen would also do this for you. As old as this thing is, you may have to do this a couple times. Resist the urge to over heat it.

Last edited:

ron87777

Guy
I through I would try and start a new thread, it worked. Thanks
I will try the procedure above and get back to you. Thanks I appreciate your help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks