• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-017A bad oil leak and low voltage

Merle

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went out uncovered the generator, saw it had a lot of oil below the generator. Checked oil level, was down 1/2 quart, replaced oil, fired generator up and low voltage. Been a bad winter on equipment. Will have to put it on the list of things to do this year. Looks as though will have to put it in the shop and tackle it this next winter. Even though I keep the generator covered up that doesn't stop the cold and the moisture from doing its thing. Wanted to start this thread so later on I can update it on my findings.

Merle

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hopefully I can free up one of my large dollies to put generator on and get it in the shop. Will lift it up with my forklift and remove base so I can possible see what gave loose on the oil leak. Pan could be cracked. Electrical could be moisture related. Bad connections, shouldn't be much of a problem to fix.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks