• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep-017a let me down

powerwagon

let me first say i am no electrical wiz. during the last storm i started my generator and ran fine, here is the trouble. powered the house up still ok for a short time, then no power gen is still running fine. tried the flash no help checked fuses all checked ok, but no power to the fuse holders or gen plug. i just checked the flash switch it's ok i have 24v there. i think its the vr? i have the old hockey puck style what wires are the 2 field wires that i need to apply 12v to? this has always worked fine until now. if the vr is bad what can i put in it's place? does flight systems sell a replacement since the usgi one are like hens teeth.

powerwagon

update, i applied 12v to 5&6 wires at the vr and i get no power, i hooked up wires 5&6 to regulator and ran gen hit the flash switch and got 24v at field wires at vr? now what..

jbk

the new style reg. are still out their. call jay at satutn surplus. i paid $125.00 for a tested used from them. with the new style reg. you have to change out that vaiable voltage pot on the control panel. i havnt used any of thr aftermarket reg. maybe somone here or at smoke stack has.