• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-018A Changes/Upgrades

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Does anyone have information on hardware changes and the dates of implementation for the MEP-018A Gen set. I have a couple of the gen sets and I see that there are some differences to them. One has a different method of attaching the spin on oil filter and oil pressure send unit. And one has a two valve fuel setup for the fuel input to the gen set (the manual shows pictures of both ways of the fuel delivery) and one has only a single valve. The engine tin top cover is different on both units and the changes seem to be a factory job not a field modification as the change is done very well.

I would put knowing the changes made to the gen sets as a trivia item and I usually like to know that information an all the military items I restore........goes with the military stuff disease.

Guyfang

Staff member
Several reasons for differant parts. Look at the cover of the pats TM. Two different models. Thre are some differences between the 60 hertz and 400 hertz model. There are diffences between the same model, in different serial number ranges. There were two manufactures for thes sets. Both are supposed to produce the same set, but sometimes there were differences. BUT the parts were supposed to be interchangeable. Wasn't always the case. Get smart on UOC, Useable On Codes. They tell you if a part is only for one model, or fits all. Some of these type engines, were used in other applications other then gen sets. So some parts, engine cover for example, were altered. Often, people would just toss any old cover on, just because it looked right, and they wanted to get the job out of shop. Happens. If and when I ever get ot of the hospital, and I can find this thread, I will drag out the manuals and take a closer look as to who, what and why. If my moth eaten brain can remember. These were good gen set, for gas engines.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks