• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep-018a magneto.

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I finally decided to get the second 018 up and running or scrap it. The small composite gear inside the magneto is missing teeth. Does anybody know of a rebuild kit for these, I'm not having much luck on line. Its not worth buying a new mag as I don't know the condition of the rest of the engine. Thanks.

Attachments

coyote62ny

if your mag is a fairbanks morris you could try tractor parts places yesterdays tractor comes to mind as one place. if you have a slick mag or fairbanks you could try saturn surplus or colmans surplus boath are in p.a. and very good to deal with at colmans you want to talk to john he is there generator man and very helpful . colmans would most likly be a used gear. hope this helps you.

wciguy

Matt, if it is a Fairbanks mag, I may have the parts for you. I have one off an engine that broke the camshaft. I think the parts inside the mag are OK. PM me your email. I will try to remember to check on it tomorrow.

BTW, I have had a few problems with the mag not firing on these engines after they had been instorage for a prolonged period. It was always oxidized points in the mag. :beer:

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wciguy, thanks for the offer :beer:. I got one from Mainely Magnetos. I'm getting ready to put it back together and see if I could get the engine running.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks