• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep-025a information..

coyote62ny

just bought a mep-025a 28 volt dc generator could anyone tell me if you can safly use this gen set to charge the batteries on my mep-003a . what were these used for when in service any information would help. i bought this thinking i could use it to boost my mep-003a when its below 20 deg.thanks guys

jbk

i think you could, as long as you dont go beyond 30 volts. i would think this set would be well regulated. i never had one. but i had the 120 ac mep-15a. would make a good battery charger if you were without power. a good meter would be a must. i dont know what they were used for, but if it was to jump vehicles you would think they would have a slave recepticale.

coyote62ny

i was thinking the same thing about the slave plug talked to tom at gaulf coast trucks today and he told me there was another box that hooked to the mep-025 to charge batterys it was to control the out put amps ive never seen what he is talking about does anyone have information on this charging box thanks

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
i think you could, as long as you dont go beyond 30 volts. i would think this set would be well regulated. i never had one. but i had the 120 ac mep-15a. would make a good battery charger if you were without power. a good meter would be a must. i dont know what they were used for, but if it was to jump vehicles you would think they would have a slave recepticale.
Agreed, the charging current is determined by the applied voltage so you should be fine.
The ideal charger reduces the voltage after a period of time to limit the current, but not the majority of automotive starting battery chargers.

Artisan

How did that genset work out for you?
Do you jump or start trucks w/ it?

Did you add any accessories?

Is there another box deal that is needed to charge w/ this?
Any NSN or Part numbers?

Let me know please!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks