• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-025a?

Peter Phillips

I've done a bit of looking around but can't seem to find much info on the genny shown in the pictures. I think it's a 1960ish MEP-025A based on what I found at www.prc68.com . Its seems that it would work to charge/start my M38 being 28V DC if the batteries were flat. Any idea what a guy should pay for it if it runs and charges OK? Not sure why the darn pictures rotated on me?

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
No, this is not a MEP-025. This is much older. No stock number. Stock numbers came out about 1957. The MEP-015a books that Afghan Vet referenced will cover the motor, or should anyway. I have seen this beast maybe twice. In DRMO. Some supply unit found them in a dark corner. Turned them in because no parts were available. This was in 1993. If you are lucky, and it runs and produces power, good to go. But when something breaks, you may be SOL.