• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 1030, 1040 Models, Running Parallel

tarmac36

Does anyone know if you can mix MEP 1000 series models in parallel? In other words could you have a 1030 and 1040 run parallel even though they are different sizes?

tarmac36

I have been told you can. But RTFB. It will be in the operators TM. The TM is your best friend.
Read it. It says "with other generator sets". Doesn't specifically address whether you could hook up 2 different sized sets (5kw and 10kw). I was hoping to find someone who has done it.
Thanks

tarmac36

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike,
I saw your video. Yeah loved your dogs running at the end. Great stuff. Everything I've found always shows the same KW units. I'm trying to see if I can have a 1030 and a 1040 run together in parallel. Need the extra 5kw for the meat locker.
Thanks
Howdy,

I do know some of the advanced base camp operations have proper control boxes which auto start units when more demand is needed. Maybe with 2-3 MEP-1070's and some MEP-1060's. But the camp micro-grid has lots more controlling pieces for it all to work.

You need 2 x MEP-1040 to really be happy then. :)

Mustangsud

I too will try to hook up a couple of different sizes of ours to see what happens. I've only ever run the same size together. I really believe it will work. The total load on parallel like units is greater than each individual gen can handle, so I don't see why two different sized units would act any differently. I have 1040's, 60's, and 70's. I'll report back once I have a chance to try it.

Guyfang

Staff member
I was told by a CECOM Rep, that different sizes will work together. CECOM chose to NOT put that in the TM's. Cant say why, but thats what I was told.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks