• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-1040 governor fault.

Mkestamper

So.....Mep-1040 would not start today. Gave me a governor fault code 2965. I haven't dug to far into it yet, but was hunting the web for a replacement and is not looking good. My meter is loaned out at the moment, so I haven't tested ohms or voltage to the governor solenoid yet. If any of you guys have come across this issue, your findings would be appreciated.

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So.....Mep-1040 would not start today. Gave me a governor fault code 2965. I haven't dug to far into it yet, but was hunting the web for a replacement and is not looking good. My meter is loaned out at the moment, so I haven't tested ohms or voltage to the governor solenoid yet. If any of you guys have come across this issue, your findings would be appreciated.
Governor Fault is 2967
There is no 2965 fault / warning

which software version is your DCS running?

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are right, it was 2967. I have no Idea what Digital Control System it is running. It was mfd on 04/2013. Had 5hrs on it when purchased from GP auction. I did ohm out the the governor solenoid, and it is open.
View attachment 880349
Great, now we know you are running on 1.0 for Display and 1.62 for control
and you need a new governor solenoid
and it was warning 2967
So, what do you need now?

Evvy Fesler

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I appreciate the advice. I did come across in the TM about what the resistance should be. Mine is open. The numbers are a little worn. View attachment 880354
It might be a good idea to post a wanted add in the classified forum on this website. I’ve learned that posting the part number, national stock number (NSN) and any other numbers can help. Sometimes doing a Google on the NSN with and without dashes and spaces will return results.

Evvy-

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Before you change parts, you better look in the TM manual as there is a trouble shooting procedure that includes cleaning the tip and reinstalling. Also it helps is you give part numbers to what you are needing
For the interested viewer and to confirm what MKEstamper had told us already, open coil

9FC71CDD-506A-4E80-881B-BA39DBE21862.jpeg

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A resource for a new governor solenoid.
MKEstamper,
Check with PGcontrols (OEM)

PGControls all current non military actuators

see if one off the non military actuators looks like yours, then check specs - they may have civilian version available.
Contact them directly.
Otherwise, PM me next week if they can’t sell you the actuator because of restrictions .

Peter

Evvy Fesler

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did a little Googling based on the CAGE code on the part. The manufacturer is still in business and they have a website. While I couldn’t find your part, it’s not uncommon for manufacturers to not list parts they made under contract. I’ve had good luck in other situations calling/writing manufacturers. Sometimes they have substitutes or can recommend another brand.

Evvy-

Attachments

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the item in question:

You will see two Onan listed items. You can reach out to your local Cummins/Onan dealer to see if they can provide you with a price. More than likely it will be a Precision Governors item in a Cummins branded box. So I would definitely reach out to them first to see if they can help.

You should be able to give them the info off the label you provided (minus the 30554 tag, thats the DoD vendor shielding number).

Evvy Fesler

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the item in question:

You will see two Onan listed items. You can reach out to your local Cummins/Onan dealer to see if they can provide you with a price. More than likely it will be a Precision Governors item in a Cummins branded box. So I would definitely reach out to them first to see if they can help.

You should be able to give them the info off the label you provided (minus the 30554 tag, thats the DoD vendor shielding number).
@LITD - what is the purpose of a vendor shielding number?

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I don't know if its necessarily for shielding... may be in some instances. I think its more of a clearinghouse for items without assigned vendors. Having NSNs issued (let alone amended) is a PITA from my professional experience working with the Navy on specialized inspection equipment projects.

Guyfang

Staff member
Its called CAGE Code. Every vendor who supplies something to the US gov, has a CAGE code. It I.D's the vendor. There is no shielding intended.

Now, Vendor. That is not the same as producer. And when the gov goes someplace for an article, or designs its own and has it made, the office that runs the show, like MEP, Mobile Electric Power, (30554 cage code) uses its cage code.

If you google Cage Code:
Commercial and Government Entity code

The Commercial and Government Entity Code, or CAGE Code, is a unique identifier assigned to suppliers to various government or defense agencies, as well as to government agencies themselves and various organizations. CAGE codes provide a standardized method of identifying a given facility at a specific location.
CAGE Codes are used internationally as part of the NATO Codification System (NCS), where they are sometimes called NCAGE Codes. CAGE codes are referenced in various databases of the NCS, where they are used along with the supplier's part number to form a reference which is held on the National Stock Number (NSN) record. This reference enables users of the NCS to determine who supplies any given part.
The information associated with the entities - name, address, phone numbers, etc. - is catalogued in the H4 and H8 Handbooks. The National Codification Bureau (NCB) of each NATO or NATO-sponsored Nation is responsible for maintaining the CAGE code information for entities in these respective countries. There are on the order of 3 million entities in this catalog, of which around 2.6 million are US entities.[citation needed]
Within the US, any organization wishing to be a supplier to the DoD is issued a CAGE Code by Defense Logistics Information Service (DLIS), the organization serving as the US NCB. An entity issued a CAGE code must renew it every five years.[1]
CAGE is sometimes expanded as "Commercial Activity/Government Entity", "Contractor And Government Entity", or other, similar variations. However, according to the DLIS website, "Commercial And Government Entity" is the proper term. CAGE was previously known as Federal Supply Code for Manufacturers, or FSCM, which was also the National Supply Code for Manufacturer, or NSCM. On older engineering drawings (pre-1980s) it was labeled simply as "Code Ident No" (Code Identification Number).[citation needed]
In the NCS metadata, the CAGE code's Data Record Number (DRN) is 9250 (or 4140 for NSCM); information listed under this DRN identifies very specifically the semantics of CAGE, its syntax, and the procedures associated with it.[2]

Mkestamper

Its called CAGE Code. Every vendor who supplies something to the US gov, has a CAGE code. It I.D's the vendor. There is no shielding intended.

Now, Vendor. That is not the same as producer. And when the gov goes someplace for an article, or designs its own and has it made, the office that runs the show, like MEP, Mobile Electric Power, (30554 cage code) uses its cage code.

If you google Cage Code:
Commercial and Government Entity code

The Commercial and Government Entity Code, or CAGE Code, is a unique identifier assigned to suppliers to various government or defense agencies, as well as to government agencies themselves and various organizations. CAGE codes provide a standardized method of identifying a given facility at a specific location.
CAGE Codes are used internationally as part of the NATO Codification System (NCS), where they are sometimes called NCAGE Codes. CAGE codes are referenced in various databases of the NCS, where they are used along with the supplier's part number to form a reference which is held on the National Stock Number (NSN) record. This reference enables users of the NCS to determine who supplies any given part.
The information associated with the entities - name, address, phone numbers, etc. - is catalogued in the H4 and H8 Handbooks. The National Codification Bureau (NCB) of each NATO or NATO-sponsored Nation is responsible for maintaining the CAGE code information for entities in these respective countries. There are on the order of 3 million entities in this catalog, of which around 2.6 million are US entities.[citation needed]
Within the US, any organization wishing to be a supplier to the DoD is issued a CAGE Code by Defense Logistics Information Service (DLIS), the organization serving as the US NCB. An entity issued a CAGE code must renew it every five years.[1]
CAGE is sometimes expanded as "Commercial Activity/Government Entity", "Contractor And Government Entity", or other, similar variations. However, according to the DLIS website, "Commercial And Government Entity" is the proper term. CAGE was previously known as Federal Supply Code for Manufacturers, or FSCM, which was also the National Supply Code for Manufacturer, or NSCM. On older engineering drawings (pre-1980s) it was labeled simply as "Code Ident No" (Code Identification Number).[citation needed]
In the NCS metadata, the CAGE code's Data Record Number (DRN) is 9250 (or 4140 for NSCM); information listed under this DRN identifies very specifically the semantics of CAGE, its syntax, and the procedures associated with it.[2]
On the Part itself is a CAG Code 5DR61 (DQ) below that is a PNR 30554-SCNO-04-21855.
Is a CAG same as a CAGE?