• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-1050 Civilian Battery Question

reallybigboat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello All:

Looking for the correct civilian batteries for the AMMPS MEP-1050, 15kW

The -24&P TM lists:
NSN of 6140-01-378-8232
P/N 8002-002/MDL. No.34 (Is this a group 34 battery?)

Just looking for the correct Group # that will fit correctly in the battery trays.

What has anyone used?

Thanks!

reallybigboat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a link with batteries for that NSN. Scroll down

Batteries
Hi kloppk:

Thank you.

I did try parttarget.com, but no group number was jumping out at me. I do see some 34 numbers, but I also see 24's, 27's, 65's, etc.

When I get the genset to the shop, I will measure the trays to get dimensions for a close or exact fit. I'm just trying to procure the batteries prior.

BTW - Will your remote start system work on the MEP-1050?

Thanks again for your immediate response. 'Most appreciated! A+++!

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A LOT of batteries listed for the 1050... but I am pretty sure the Optima Red Tops 34/78 will work well for this application (what they put in 803s). Best thing you can do is to measure the tray in the machine, and find the biggest batteries you can afford.

reallybigboat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A LOT of batteries listed for the 1050... but I am pretty sure the Optima Red Tops 34/78 will work well for this application (what they put in 803s). Best thing you can do is to measure the tray in the machine, and find the biggest batteries you can afford.

Light in the Dark:

Thank you. Exactly what I need.

Appreciate your response.

Steve

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks