• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-113A Generator with 4 Cyl White Diesel engine No Power output

vortechx

Hey Guys
I just picked up this Generator and it has no power output.The 4 Cyl diesel runs great and I am ok with that.But if I can get it to put out power with not alot of effort ( like some obvious thing to check for ) that would be much appreciated. Are there any suggestions on where to start? I will try to upload as many photos with specs as I can.

Thanks278808364_3082907315282253_2653494251447679175_n.jpg

Attachments

vortechx

Hate to break it to you, but that is a 400 hz generator. Even if you can get the generator to put out power, there isn't really anything in the civilian world that uses 400 hz.
Thanks for the reply!
No big deal about the generator part.
I got it mostly for the diesel but you saved me a lot of work to try to get power output.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad that's what you got it for. Saves a lot of grief and gnashing of teeth trying to figure out how to make it do something that's impossible.

There have been more than a few of these (or other 400hz units) that were bought by people that either didn't know it was 400hz or didn't realize it couldn't be easily converted to something usable. In the end, most of them are used as spare parts for the 60hz version, as the majority of the parts are the same other than the generator and some of the meters/gauges

vortechx

Glad that's what you got it for. Saves a lot of grief and gnashing of teeth trying to figure out how to make it do something that's impossible.

There have been more than a few of these (or other 400hz units) that were bought by people that either didn't know it was 400hz or didn't realize it couldn't be easily converted to something usable. In the end, most of them are used as spare parts for the 60hz version, as the majority of the parts are the same other than the generator and some of the meters/gauges
Thanks
I will list it in the Classified section for parts

Guyfang

Staff member
Here is a tip. If you loot the set for the engine, you need to save the Precise Power Governor stuff. I would need to look, but it may be compatible to the 60 hertz set. If so, its worth some money all by itself.