• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep 16b & 701 replacement filters

W7DMS

I have found that a (01-06) Dodge Stratus air filter fits. wix 46677, napa 6677, pur a25405 and others. You will need to make a small hole in the closed end. A # 2 phillips screw driver works. I also changed the fuel filter to wix 33005, napa3005 which is a 3 micron filter, on a wix 524770 base. The output side was drilled and tapped for 1/8"mpt brass plug (air bleed), also added a 1/2"npt brass street elbow and plug on the input side for manual filling of filter.

1800 Diesel

I have found that a (01-06) Dodge Stratus air filter fits. wix 46677, napa 6677, pur a25405 and others. You will need to make a small hole in the closed end. A # 2 phillips screw driver works. I also changed the fuel filter to wix 33005, napa3005 which is a 3 micron filter, on a wix 524770 base. The output side was drilled and tapped for 1/8"mpt brass plug (air bleed), also added a 1/2"npt brass street elbow and plug on the input side for manual filling of filter.
Sounds good, since I recently received my first MEP-016B. If you get the time to shoot & upload a couple photos, that would help a lot to understand exactly what you did on the filter mods.

Thanks,

Kevin

W7DMS

Kevin
I didn't take photos and the ask panels have been reinstalled. the wix base is a four port unit with input & output on each side. Mount the base where the old oem unit was, you will need new holes. I found the brass fittings at Lowes but any home or auto store should have them. I used the oem fuel lines placed them on the left side of the filter. the biggest problem is the 90 degree fittings for the fuel lines and the space to mount the unit, it just fits.

good luck
Lloyd

ETN550

Good find on the Stratus filter. I'll have to check that out. Carquest 86516 fits the existing fuel filter housing just fine and it is around $10. Why did you change the filter base?

W7DMS

My first 701 bought at an estate sale (cheap) was missing the oem filter unit. The fuel line ran from the fuel pump to the ip. Plus the 3005 is a 3 micron filter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks