• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 3 60hz /40hz

Diamondjim11

Guys quick question. I know the MEP 003 came in 60 and 400 HZ. My question is what would they use the 400 HZ for? Just curious. Thanks
Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

Carl_in_NH

Alot of military aircraft run at 400hz. Higher freq equals less amps required
Not exactly; higher frequency means reduced weight of magnetics in transformers and inductors. In other words, magnetics designed to operate at a higher frequency can be smaller in size and weight. That's a big plus for aircraft and other places where weight and size is an issue.

Isaac-1

400 Hz was also used for a number of systems that may share design concepts with their aircraft cousins, things like missle launchers and radar sets. The 400 Hz units look a lot like the MEP-003, but have their own model number MEP-111 (maybe MEP-112, something like that anyway)

Ike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks