• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 501A Fix-up Thread

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For when Im standing next to the machine later, easier than pulling out a book (just pull it up on my phone)

Untitled.png
501.png

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
After troubleshooting, let us know what you found! Even with the surging, you should still see voltage. Worst case is you have a good Yanmar L48AE & a frame. I've been waiting to get a spare Yanmar to make a diesel mini bike with. :)

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well it seems the first unit is putting out power, just not registering on the voltage gauge. So to test that is next. On the second unit I have to take the fuel bowl off, cant seem to bleed the fuel lines at all... so there must be some dirt dauber BS in there (it had no fuel lines on it).

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
Well it seems the first unit is putting out power, just not registering on the voltage gauge. So to test that is next. On the second unit I have to take the fuel bowl off, cant seem to bleed the fuel lines at all... so there must be some dirt dauber BS in there (it had no fuel lines on it).
The fuel bowls on these SUCK to bleed the air out of. I gave up on the screws on the two I worked on. Also, I found the arrow for the valve to be open was backwards or I just misunderstood it.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First one bled just fine. Had dry rotted lines on it, all of which were replaced. This second one had no lines on it... so Ive been through the tank and the right angle elbow out of it... can only be so many things.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got them both going. One is perfect after line changes, one has a dead DC Voltage gauge. Seems to be a tough one to source...

cbisson

Got them both going. One is perfect after line changes, one has a dead DC Voltage gauge. Seems to be a tough one to source...
Seems like all the MEP gauges are tough to source. Engine side and gen side. Engine side is easier to find a suitable and even better replacement but I've yet to find a source for any of the gen side gauges.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah the gen side are all purpose built for this application. The gen side gauges fail very infrequently so it would be a tough sell for someone looking to source them, as there are surely minimum buys on these things. Hell... I couldn't get the OEM fuel pump manufacturer to even bite at running 100 E1074 pumps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks