• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 531 breaker tripping as soon as engine starts.

GASCANS001

I’m working on a 531 with no power. The breaker is also tripping once it starts.
The frequency and voltage gauges both work and show correct values.

I have 120 at the gauge and 120 on the back of breaker labeled “a+ and a-“ I think that’s the right label. Pretty sure my readings are on the “supply” side of the breaker. I’m not sure where the load terminals are so I can’t test for continuity from the load terminals to the other terminals for a broke wire that’s grounding out. The top and bottom most wires on the back of the breaker is what I tested for voltage and I that’s where I got the 120v. The center two wires I have no idea where they go or what they’re for. Dug through the whole manual and couldn’t see anything coming clear.

I checked continuity between a bunch of different connectors relating to 120v . All were OL good.
The one that showed resistance was the 24v supply from the slave POS & the L terminal on the back of the load terminal block.

not real sure where to go from here.

Guyfang

Staff member
Sometimes pictures are a very good idea.

What Breaker? Calling by the Military nomenclature helps keep everyone on the same page. All parts have something printed next to them with what it is. A circuit breaker would be for instance CB1 or CB3.

If you don't know where the load terminals are, you need to spend a little time with the TM 9-6115-639-13&P

GASCANS001

Sometimes pictures are a very good idea.

What Breaker? Calling by the Military nomenclature helps keep everyone on the same page. All parts have something printed next to them with what it is. A circuit breaker would be for instance CB1 or CB3.

If you don't know where the load terminals are, you need to spend a little time with the TM 9-6115-639-13&P
I just was out playing some more.

everything tested good for continuity. (No broken wires.)

with the unit off, load circuit breaker (CB1), I have a reading from load to supply power on the load circuit breaker (CB1).

I went over the manual multiple times. I’m just as confused as I started.

I ran the set and tested the dc output for the hour meter and was getting 45v DC.