• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-531A issues

robson1015

Just bought this unit with 5 hours on it. Starts very easily but runs erratic and belches blue/white smoke. Won't run smoothly, sputters. The fuel lines have been replaced by previous owner and I replaced the broken return fuel line(clear hose). I bled the fuel lines by way of the two screws on the filter housing. I ran diesel fuel conditioner through it hoping that it was just a clogged injector. This unit looks like new and Any and all help, suggestions would be appreciated. I hope I am overlooking something small. Thank You - Bob

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does the throttle linkage move up and down while its belching or does it stay all the way to the top?

Can you shoot a video of it running with the video concentrating on the speed control linkage?

R Racing

Ok I have a few of these . And only 2 things I have found cause this issue.1st Air in the fuel line or loose clamps, sucking air. 2nd to much oil in the crank case !

robson1015

The oil level is ok and I checked all the clamps. I didn't take the clear filter bowl off. There is probably an O-ring on the connection. Thought about checking that next.

R Racing

Yes at first its normal . but at some point and time it should purge itself. I will say if your 3 or 4 tablespoons to full of oil this engine doesn't like it at all !!!! and they will hunt and smoke terrible !! I have both the AC and DC versions. And with my DC unit I had barely over filled it ( honestly I still thought I could have put more in it ) I ran it several hrs . Went backed and I know I had checked the oil at least 3 times. Then checked it again and it was maybe 3/32 above the full mark. Drained out just a bit of oil and it stopped smoking and stopped hunting . It has been fine since .

robson1015

Sucked out 3 syringes of oil with turkey baster syringe. Purrs like a kitten now. Reads 1/4" below the full mark. That was easy...Thanks to you guys for the quick responses. R Racing - thank you !!!

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to make a note about this. And I'm going to double check the oil level in the engine this morning. Its amazing that its that sensitive to the oil level.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks