• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-802a - amp meter not working.

Guyfang

Staff member
1st thanks for all the reply's. I would have responded with the my findings sooner had it not been for an episode of the old Covid-19. I am better now and put a multimeter on it and checked the voltages at MT4. There is voltage so I am confidant that the meter is bad. It looks to me like there is brown corrosion inside. I would guess there is no way to rebuild because they are sealed. (Wrong. I have opened them up, and fixed a few. Not many. But it cost nothing to at least look) Any suggestions on where I can get a new one? I didn't see any on ebay. (use 26-5773 part number. Cost 20.00)

So 2nd question. I will open a new thread if people think it applies. When I started feeling up to looking into the issue with the Meter M4, my Temp meter M6 starting acting up. Start the gen and it would sit at lowest setting then maybe the dial would come alive and settle on a temp (around 180). The temp meter stopped reading all together. I purchased a new one off ebay and installed it. At 1st the temp would settle out at 200 degrees. Just today I noticed that the temp now settles at 218ish. I checked the meter and it has a burnt electronic smell definitely coming it. I am thinking it is going to need to be replaced again. I should also mention the gen does not act or feel like it is overheating. So is there a way to measure if the meter is actually accurate? Aside from ebay any recommendations for a place to buy one of these? (Use a thermal heat measuring gun to check the real temp. Then think about looking someplace else for the problem.)
Open for comments

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just used up my last ammeter in my parts stock, so I might reach out to that Korean firm to see if there is anything better that can be done on the price (freight is almost twice what the purchase price is). Thanks Guy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks