• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802a Battery Suggestions

warteetee

Having a hard time finding a suitable 24v battery for my new MEP-802a. Suggestions for a 24v that fits perfectly in the compartment? Also, just picked up a compressor for a flamethrower and would like to know the value and were to sell. Last question, best place to list a MK64 cradle for the MK19 40mm machine gun. Thanks in advance and sorry if I am asking the questions in the wrong section.

Thanks and anyone on the forum lucky enough to pick up one if the Humvees that went on sale last week-interested to know the condition.

Ratch

The 802 takes 2 12v batteries. One on each side of the engine, with a jumper between them. I normally use lawn tractor batteries for ease of handling. They can handle the load no problem.

I can't give you an idea on the compressor. I was looking at those, also. Opted against them, as I really need an electric shop compressor.

warteetee

I probably should have taken it off the trailer before I asked. I only can access the one side of the unit and saw just a spot for 1 battery. Like the fact that there are two and can hook up like I did for the Mep-002a. Thanks

warteetee

M-35, thanks for the information and wow, didn't know they could go for that and based on shipping I might have been a nice guy and hand delivered it to the land down under for you. I have been seeing that perhaps you can use these to fill scuba tanks-is that true?

warteetee

Where is the best place to find replacement parts for the men-802a? I am looking for a hatch handle/unit, coolant bottle, panel light bulbs and a few other small items. Thanks

zarathustra

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might try looking at your recycling bin. I find that a lot of caps on bottles are interchangeable. You might just find that the cap on Resolve carpet cleaner fits...

I'm parting out an 802a/3a and have a couple of those spin handles if you need one.

tcruwithme

MEP-802a battery

Back to the battery question from the OP, even if it was a couple months ago. I just picked up two MEP-802a units I won off auction a week ago. I got two 12 volt 51R batteries from Fleet Farm for $80 each. They were 500 CCA and 6-year warranty. They fit perfectly on both sides. I also got two size NF22 12 volt batteries that were $52 each, 430 CCA, and 1-year warranty. They also fit perfectly on both sides.