• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802a dead current meter

DorkFish83

Looks like I have a dead current meter. This one was in a unit that was reset in 2010 and all the gauges were replaced but it's not working at all, other than the needle bounces around from time to time but nothing else. I temporarily robbed a known-good one out of one of my other 802's and it worked fine, so the problem is apparently in the gauge itself.

Does anyone have one of these in a set they are parting out, or know a good place to get a used one? No way am I going to spend the $130+ they want for a new one. Ebay has turned up none so far either.

current_meter.jpg

-Tony

csheath

The one I pulled out of my 803 works but it's cruddy looking and not accurate. If that unit were mine I would open it up and see if it has a loose connection somewhere. Use a pin punch to tap the threaded retaining ring around and it will come apart.

20161218_100819_resized.jpg

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
I have a brand new current meter (400Hz thou) You could open it and put some white paint on the little 400Hz. I do not know if it would show the same...

The meter looks exactly like the 60Hz meter. Where it says 60Hz, this one says 400Hz.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks