• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802a first connection to the house, report

ribs1

Hello,
I just thought I would post a report. I bought my unit about a year ago and many of you helped me with this thing so I thought I would post a report about how it's working for me. Here are the parameters
1. My house is 2500 square feet
2. I have natural gas running my stove, furnace, dryer and water heater
3. Most of my lights are LED

This is most of what I have on the transfer switch.
1. 3 ton carrier AC with scroll compressor and hard start kit (hard start kit makes a big difference)
2. 2 refrigerators. One old and one new. One chest freezer
3. Well pump
4. Furnace/AC fan
5. Smaller items include lights, water softener etc.

I hired an electrician to install a 10 breaker Reliance transfer switch that works great.
With everything on at once the generator was running at 60% load most of the time. When I turned off the AC it went down to around 10% load.

Just thought I would post my info for anyone interested

ribs1

Hello,
Maybe I can get some pictures tomorrow.
Basically, the generator will sit next to my barn about 80' from the house. I have a power inlet there. I put the wires in conduit underground to the house and into the reliance transfer switch. I used 6 awg wire. I am also very please with that switch btw.

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
I used an interlock kit for my house recently to hook up an 802A if ever needed. Everything is electric at my place, so I can't run everything at once. Sounds like you sized real well!

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
Did the 802 start your 3ton? Wouldnt do mine with no hard start kit
I have a Trane 4 ton unit. It takes about 70% of the load running in Cooling mode. Enough for me to leave the smaller stuff on like the fridge along with the booster pump. I have an isolation switch for the well pump so it won't all come on at once. I just shut the HVAC off the run the well. We have a large water storage tank & last a few days before the well needs to run under normal usage.