• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802a leaking fuel.

Billy2642

So I have a few of the mep-802a gensets and on every one of them I've had to replace the braided low pressure return line. No problem. On one of them though I have this rubber boot with a hole in it squirting fuel. What is this piece called? Also, do I have to buy the metal caps and hardline as one piece or is there a way to replace just the rubber hose? Any help is greatly appreciated

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You'll need to carefully cut the cap off to remove and replace the hose. The manifold is on the fragile side.

I recommend using the spring clamps in their place. They won't need a lot of tension to seal.

jamawieb

Are you talking about the high pressure rubber line that goes to the injector pumps? You can cut the metal crimp (metal cap as you put it) off with a dermal, then take a standard hose and hose clamp to connect them to the hard line. Basically just think of the metal caps as standard hose clamps, after you cut the caps off the hose will slide right off. The hard lines, that go into the rubber hoses are almost impossible to find new.

Guyfang

Staff member
You could do that, yes. But you need to replace it with something similar. The reason its built the way it is, is to prevent it from ever coming loose. A hose clamp can sometimes do that. All of the above suggestions are good ones. Or you can try the below suggestions, that I posted in your original post in the "Help" section.

Have you tried to find an original part? Tm 9-2815-252-24P, Figure 4, Page 4-1, Item 11, Part number 186-6159, NSN: 4710-01-360-6304. Original price: $105.00. It is considered by the military to be a non repairable part. Part manufacturer is Onan. I also plugged in the NSN into my browser, and found several places that might stock it.

Another alternative would be to find a GOOD diesel shop, or some other shop that could fabricate the whole thing for you. At the end of the day, a little asking around could save you some money.

Perhaps a member has an engine they want to part out, and will sell you a like part cheaper then a new one.

DennisW

So I have a few of the mep-802a gensets and on every one of them I've had to replace the braided low pressure return line. No problem. On one of them though I have this rubber boot with a hole in it squirting fuel. What is this piece called? Also, do I have to buy the metal caps and hardline as one piece or is there a way to replace just the rubber hose? Any help is greatly appreciated
I have the same situation. I've ordered a NOS one but will see if I can make repairs to the old one as a spare.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks