• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 802A no power to lugs. Power to receptacle.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have a Mep 802A that has power to receptacles. Only power to lugs when I hold up the contact switch. As soon as I let go the light goes off and no more power to lugs. K1 was replaced. Any suggestions?

Ray70

So I believe he means he is able to "close" the contactor by holding the switch, but it doesn't stay closed.
"Trip" was probably not the best term to use... ;)
Did you check the switch to ensure the diode is installed ( correctly ) and you should also verify the diode is good.
If that all checks out, you may have a bad overload relay, the black box all the way to the left inside the control panel, behind the outlet.
The signal to close K1 runs through the overload. I once had a unit doing the exact same thing and the overload was faulty.
However, you have to verify the switch and diode are good per Kurt's reply #2 , before moving on.
Start with the easy things first, then move forward...

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I believe he means he is able to "close" the contactor by holding the switch, but it doesn't stay closed.
"Trip" was probably not the best term to use... ;)
Did you check the switch to ensure the diode is installed ( correctly ) and you should also verify the diode is good.
If that all checks out, you may have a bad overload relay, the black box all the way to the left inside the control panel, behind the outlet.
The signal to close K1 runs through the overload. I once had a unit doing the exact same thing and the overload was faulty.
However, you have to verify the switch and diode are good per Kurt's reply #2 , before moving on.
Start with the easy things first, then move forward...
Thank you!

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes if I hold s7 it will keep contact closed on k1 while running. If I release, it will release contact on k1.

Last edited:

Ray70

Check to see if there is a diode across S5 terminals 2 & 5. Verify end of diode with the stripe on it is connected to terminal 2.

That's why it's very important to read everything and check everything carefully.
If you hadn't posted that picture we would all have assumed you verified both the diode's correct orientation and functionality and moved on to the next idea!
Luckily Kurt has a keen eye!
Glad you got it fixed for Zero$ (y)