• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 802A Not Closing Circuit

Hunter.423

The generator is making power it reads 60 Hertz 220 volts but when I try to flip the momentary switch to close the circuit the light quickly flashes green and then goes out? Has anyone had this problem?

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try cycling that switch a few more times (like a dozen more times at least). Does the problem go away? It sounds like your K1 contactor is hanging up (not an uncommon thing).

Hunter.423

Try cycling that switch a few more times (like a dozen more times at least). Does the problem go away? It sounds like your K1 contactor is hanging up (not an uncommon thing).

I did try a few times and it did not work, I cant say it was a couple of dozen. Thanks I am going to see about the K1 contactor. Unit has been working fine.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of the biggest PITA qualities of sets with open contact switches and relays is corrossion. The more times you can cycle something, the more that any small bit of corrosion can be disturbed and the part freed. As part of this exercise of diagnosing the K1, I recommend finding a high quality spray deoxidizer (I use Deoxit D5, there are others on the market) and plan on spraying every single switch, terminal screw, relay contact point, etc. You will have the roof off to test the K1, so its the perfect time to deoxidize all contacts (and with a quality spray, actually inhibit future corrosion issues).

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, getting power to lugs indicates the contactor is not stuck and is closing.
The switch usually don't go bad. Likely something else.

Was this generator previously working OK and providing power to the lugs for you?

Does S5 have the Diode installed on it like this in this orientation?
S5 Diode.jpg

Hunter.423

OK, getting power to lugs indicates the contactor is not stuck and is closing.
The switch usually don't go bad. Likely something else.

Was this generator previously working OK and providing power to the lugs for you?

Does S5 have the Diode installed on it like this in this orientation?
View attachment 893912
Generator was working, I use it frequently at my hunt camp. Yes there is a diode on the switch.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With the set stopped unplug P6 from under the control cube and then plug it back it.
To unplug P6 you'll need to turn its locking collar to unlock it from J6 and help back it out of J6.
Reverse for plugging back it. Be sure locking collar is all the way locked when done.
The signals to/from the contactor to control it go thru P6/J6. Possibly a poor connection.
Then try the generator again.

Guyfang

Staff member
After testing the Diode, replace it on the set. start the set up. Flip the S7, (Battle Short switch) up. The light should come on. Then try and close the CB1 with the S5, (AC output circuit breaker switch). Will the CB1 stay closed now?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks