• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802A questions

robert248

Wanted to ask about the fuel you all are putting in your generator? Are you able to source the cheaper fuel oil vs the diesel from the gas station?

Just about finished cleaning the interior of the fuel tank.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Up here in Hell, 55g drums are not 'legally rated for holding fuel' because they do not meet any MA codes pertaining to fuel storage :LOL:

I run drums and Roth double wall tanks, with HHO and taxed diesel separated for different uses.

Last edited:

robert248

What is the best place to source hardware? The screws that holds all of the pieces of sheet metal together. Ended up taking it apart (fix the cosmetic issues) and I'd like to replace the screws that need replacing.

Ray70

I usually just go on the internet and find 10-32 ( 5/8" or 3/4" long ) flange bolts and serrated flange nuts ( for places where you don't have the captive nut )
Either stainless or galvanized.
They usually come in bags of 50 or 100
Think I've used ebay before and possibly Amazon. Pretty much any fastener store on-line will have them.

2Pbfeet

There are also Fastenal and McMaster as possible sources; sometimes more expensive, sometimes not. I bought a monster bag of the captive nuts off eBay when a computer rack company shutdown. I bought stainless rivet nuts for a couple of what I thought were awkward locations.

I have been shifting to stainless as steel on aluminum is always going to rust. YMMV...

All the best,

2Pbfeet

Ray70

Not to split hairs, but I would not go with 1/2" bolts. You are better off with 5/8" or 3/4"
Mainly because these machines use a couple different length screws and 1/2" won't work in all positions, so why not get 1 size that fits all?
For instance, on the rear panel around the fuel tank, several spots are difficult if not impossible to get a 1/2" to reach, especially if the panel flanges don't sit dead flat against each other. Just my opinion... ;)

robert248

I can't seem to find in the TM how much coolant the generator takes? Does anyone have a quick answer? It was drained at the depot and its empty.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks