• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 802a vibration issue

MrShawn305

Get a horse stall mat from tractor supply that is 1" think and sit it on that.

Someone on here pointing me to do that and it works great.

bolted it to a 4" slab with the hose stall mat between the slab and the 802
I might try both. Either one I can use for something else around the shop. Was thinking of trying both and seeing what works better. I'll definitely go with the 1", thanks for the heads up on that. I was going to just get the 3/4"

Chainbreaker

I think the typical 3/4" or 1" horse stall mat, vs the anti fatigue mat, with horse stall mat having more rubber and probably denser might absorb more vibration and provide better sound absorption/deadening.

Were you thinking of laying the mat under the RR ties, or doing away with the RR ties altogether? If keeping them, what were your thoughts for placement of the stall mats? You could cut the stall mats down and lay them under the RR ties to act as a buffer between ground & RR ties. Maybe even doubling up on them if say you use ~2' wide strips to lay the RR ties on. Use remaining sections directly under generator to absorb sound.

Regardless, 15' from neighbors house is pretty close sound wise. You might also have to come up with a standing or hung type of sound deadening barrier between generator & neighbor's side of your property. Lots of ideas depending on your setting... city vs rural, etc.

Last edited:

FredLindner

I just took my 802 off the trailer I had it on and set it on a couple of railroad ties next to the house. The ties are sitting on bare dirt. Probably about 15' between my house and the neighbor's. The resonance sucksssssss. I swear the thing vibrates the ground like a roller does lol. I was thinking of using the stall mats as mentioned above, but looking around I saw they have the anti fatigue mats as well. Those are the rubber mats with holes in them. I'm wondering if those would work better as they have some give to them. What do you all think?
I would use the mats but bolt the four corners down with lag bolts too. Prevent walking off.

dav5

I just took my 802 off the trailer I had it on and set it on a couple of railroad ties next to the house. The ties are sitting on bare dirt. Probably about 15' between my house and the neighbor's. The resonance sucksssssss. I swear the thing vibrates the ground like a roller does lol. I was thinking of using the stall mats as mentioned above, but looking around I saw they have the anti fatigue mats as well. Those are the rubber mats with holes in them. I'm wondering if those would work better as they have some give to them. What do you all think?
Railroad ties just aren't going to cut it. A poured concrete base would be way way better

MrShawn305

I think the typical 3/4" or 1" horse stall mat, vs the anti fatigue mat, with horse stall mat having more rubber and probably denser might absorb more vibration and provide better sound absorption/deadening.

Were you thinking of laying the mat under the RR ties, or doing away with the RR ties altogether? If keeping them, what were your thoughts for placement of the stall mats? You could cut the stall mats down and lay them under the RR ties to act as a buffer between ground & RR ties. Maybe even doubling up on them if say you use ~2' wide strips to lay the RR ties on. Use remaining sections directly under generator to absorb sound.

Regardless, 15' from neighbors house is pretty close sound wise. You might also have to come up with a standing or hung type of sound deadening barrier between generator & neighbor's side of your property. Lots of ideas depending on your setting... city vs rural, etc.
Thinking of cutting the mats to fit the base and placing between the base and the RR ties. It's not perfect, but I just want to cut down on the vibration it puts into the dirt. I think that would help with what I'm hearing inside quite a bit. I can't change the distance to the neighbor's house, but they don't mind as I've already tied them into it during last power outage. He loves having cold beer and a working PS4 when everything else is dark.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks