• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 803 a fuel injector problem ?

alex bonaire

Gentlemen ,
Hold on to your hats .

Yesterday i talked to the previous owner of the generator ,
i bought from him with a bunch of other stuff like fork lifts , backhoe loaders
i ask him if there was a time the generator was working fine
and yes it always worked fine until the same problem we are dealing with happen
tis is a company with lots of machines ,so i ask could your in house mechanic not fix that problem
then he started that fuc..g asshole is not ever coming back here bla bla bla
turns out the guy is laid off for al kinds of shit......... hold on hold on it is coming ,

this is a very small island everybody knows each other so i stopt by the mechanics house ,
he is working on cars mostly for local people here ,so we started talking and the generator came up aha
so i said do you remember that generator ? yes he did and did i bought it yes i did
and is it running no it is not some problems with the pump or injectors or whatever

big smile and start telling that he was laid off over some stuff
i show sympathie to this guy ,no i do not have work for him anyway 15 min later ,
he walks of and told me to wait ,comes back with a hand full of small parts ,
and told me to put this in the metering pump and things going to be fine .

yes gentlemen we have here the core for a metering pump ,
do i like to have a beer no i,m going back to the shop
checking out some real nice picks from a pump and the inside
back in the shop opening the pump there was not much inside according to the picks ,
mmm let put the tings in there and install it,then in the generator ,and start WOEHOE
220V / 110 / 60 HZ AND ADJUSTEBLE .

going to load test it later today cleaning out the muffler stil some smoke ,not like before
sounds happy now ,like me .

so guys thank you so much for the support and advice and picks
i any of you comes to the island drop me a line ,and we going to have a drink celebrating this thing
let you know about the progress .

Greetings Alex

Ray70

That's quite a story! congratulations on getting to the bottom of it. Who would ever have thought you had a hollowed out pump with no Guts in it!
But you were definitely on the right track investigating the metering pump!
Good job... and good investigation work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks