• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 803 buyer guide/video

fb40dash5

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Starting to think I let it go too cheap now lol
There was a lot of 2 at LEAD this week, both missing inverters, and they didn't mention engine condition or have vid of them running or trying to start.

Pre-bidding ran up to $1400, it ended right around $2000. I was interested for 'pair of parts machines that probably have at least 1 running engine' money, I was bored at work and was literally laughing watching the bids just keep on coming. 😂

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a genuine question which arises on how much shill bidding is actually going on, especially on those auction sites which extend the closing time every time a bid comes in close to the end of closing timer

fb40dash5

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It'd seem like if they were shill bidding (well... OK... shill bidding without seriously cheating since the auction house is also the "seller" and knows your max bids) then there'd be a decent frequency of the shill bidder (who is also the seller & the house) accidentally winning... and therefore ending up with the same units for sale later.

I'm not going to claim to be some RB/GP expert, but I can only recall once seeing an item from the week before back up for auction.

I also see about as many things go for surprisingly cheap as I do things that go for a lot more than I figured they would (which is not the same as what I think they should)

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im near the 004a and its junk. Guys been trying to sell it for along time. I havent seen any 803as or even 802a for under $2000 in years
Yea, I fear those days are gone for good. With the exception of a score of a trailer mounted unit, its hard to even get a 802 for under that at auction once you count all the fees and taxes. It makes putting much effort into one to offer it to a good home at a decent cost really, really hard.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks