• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 803 Fuel filter on Aux. input

CapePrep

Hi Guys, I am putting my aux. fuel hose/tank pipe together. What are your thoughts on installing a filter on that set up so fuel is filtered before it hits the pump? I am using 1/2"copper fittings before the aux. hose. Let me know thoughts.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

The small barrel filter. NSN 2910-01-553-6571 FILTER ELEMENT,FLUID (small barrel filter only) PART# 00-24000
Filter element.jpg

It is attached to the fuel pump.

Also known as Airtex G-17. fuel filter - 300 micron

Filtering diesel is always a good practice.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it easier for you to filter the fuel before it hits the machine, or in the machine? I would think you will get a higher flow rate (and possible better filtering) if you go with an inline filter before it even hits the machine.

CapePrep

I guess I was wondering (guyfang??:)if that little pump, that is actually sucking fuel for quite a distance vs. pushing it, is capable of handling a filter on the intake side? I have always been told it is better for a pump to push fuel as opposed to pulling it, especially where we have the long aux. hose and other fittings, etc. Since I had a situation a few weeks ago where I needed to run the 803 for 24 hours due to a power outage and had to keep checking fuel level, I want to use this machine as it was designed. But also want to protect it and it's systems. Hence the filter since I will be connecting it to an aux source next time so I don't have to worry about it.

csheath

This is a good idea I will employ on mine. I have small engine filters on the supply line on both my tractors. Those little $3 filters are much easier and cheaper to replace than the larger OEM filters.

I didn't know what micron ability those little installed filters had. I do know I have sucked some crud up that would pass through on a similar pump I use to transfer fluids with.. I think it's just there to keep the pebbles out. :)

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A filter right out of your source is a good addition as long as you can maintain hydraulic continuity in the system.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks